Search The Web

Custom Search

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Handmade? What's That??


If you're like most of us when we need something we run to Walmart and buy it. I use Walmart all the time; low cost, always open.. oh yeah. But occasionally, when I actually plan ahead, I prefer to have something that's actually made by hand with a personal touch. My dad used to make a lot of things by hand including knives, wood projects, spurs, leather items, etc.

I recommend checking out Paula's Etsy site. She is a childhood friend and I knew her family when I was growing up. Very good people and believe me when I say a lot of personal time and care goes into these products. Her store has low cost items although the products are labor intensive. Why does she do it then? Because she really, really enjoys it!!

So for items you just can't buy at Walmart you might want to have a look.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Thanks, Dan! Our upbringing is directly responsible for my love of handmade. Your Dad's work was gorgeous.