Search The Web

Custom Search

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Who The Heck is this Dan Guy Anyway?


Just your average guy out there trying to make a living like most Americans. I have been poor all of my life and just recently joined the ranks of the middle class. By poor I mean my expenses equaled my income and I lived paycheck to paycheck. Now my income is higher than my expenses so I have money to pay expenses and some left over to pay towards liabilities or invest in income generating assets. My ultimate goal is to be wealthy. LOL... I have to laugh because I have never had that goal before until I read the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Ever since then I just keep right on a reading and putting things into action... very cool :)

I spent part of my youth on a farm/ranch in eastern Oregon. I say part because from age 8-15 I had to leave every 6 months to live with the other parent. You can imagine, lots of fun. I like to think I gathered good, useful things from both lives... the country life and the city life. It is my intent to find myself back in the country in my 50's and I'm 42 now.

I have done various jobs in my life. Some of those jobs/industries were logging, fast food, ranching, farming, security officer, loss prevention officer, soldier, vehicle mechanic, tank mechanic, ditch digger, rock remover, medical oxygen driver, manager, dorm resident adviser, founder/CEO of a flight school, mailman, flight instructor, supervisor, airline pilot, etc. Most people would think that is bad, I can't hold a job, etc, etc... But little did I know I was indirectly doing myself a favor and in a sense being groomed for the next stage in my life. The stage, over the next 10 yrs, that will take me into big business ownership (not self employed) and investing. The area that is still lacking is sales experience so I may need to take care of that soon.

So you see I am just your average American guy just trying to get ahead in life. I am always open to discuss different ideas and strategies. Mutual funds are risky investments and social security will not be there when you need it so a financial plan is needed.

I currently live in Phoenix, AZ and teach the art of flying. I flew the ERJ 170 out of Denver, Frontier Express, until May '08 when Frontier went bankrupt. It was really fun flying and I enjoyed that experience a lot!

I have many different hobbies and interests so feel free to drop an email and/or post on my blog. My topics will be varied because after all the realm of discussion is wide open. You can think of the Journey of a Thousand Miles as one peering into a person's life from the beginning to the end. And as with all things in life it is so much richer and has so much more depth when shared with others. So feel free to share your thoughts and ideas!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Holy Cow, have you ever been busy today! Love your site, Danny, and I am tickled to death to be back in touch with you. Sounds like your right on track. Glad to hear you're headed back to the country one of these days. Me too. You can take the boy out of the country...